Using Storybird For Inspiration

I wrote before about using advertisements as a source of inspiration for getting ideas for stories. Recently for one of my graduate classes, I had to review an online tool. I chose Storybird (http://storybird.com), a virtual storytelling tool. The site provides images and you can create a story in book format using the images. I think this would be another fantastic tool for students to use when brainstorming ideas for stories.

Again using the technique I mentioned in my earlier entry, students can chose a complex image and brainstorm questions about the image. They then answer the questions, creating the framework for a story.

With Storybird, the students can additionally create a page for each question and answer, creating the story frame visually, adding additional appropriate images. When my writing club starts again in the spring, this will definitely be a tool I will use.

Follow by Email

Back to Top