Five for Friday!


I’m linking up again this week to Doodle Bugs Five for Friday. J


I played the Wild Sticks game I mentioned in my Super Sunday! post this week with my student who really struggles with his facts. I just focused on 0s , 1s and 2s. He knows his 0s and 1s pretty much down as they follow really straight forward rules.


His 2s he’s just starting to master. He is counting by 2s which is a HUGE leap from the beginning of the year where he would instead add two more (as in 1 x2 is 2, so 2x2 is 2,3,4!)

My favorite moment (besides when he tried to cheat and realized he really couldn’t!) was when on one turn he had picked up 2 x 10, and counted by 2s to get to 20. On his next turn he picked up 2 x 11. Instead of counting by 2s all over again, he said “Wait, the last one was 2 x 10 and that was 20. So this one is 2 x 11 so it will be…22!”

Yes!

  

SBAC Testing officially begins in two weeks! Right now classes are taking practice tests at and below grade level to get comfortable with the new testing format.


But starting in two weeks they will be taking the real chilena.

Part of my duties are helping to administer the tests, which means I’ll be seeing a lot of the school computer lab for the next two months.

 
I made brownie last night for the re-scheduled faculty appreciation snacks.


They were a total fail.

I think I put too much oil in because they would not solidify! They were like molten chocolate. They tasted AMAZING but by 10 at night only about 6 of them had actually hardened enough for me to put into a container (I took them out of the oven at 7!). I ended up just semi covering them and going to sleep to deal with it in the morning.

When I woke up in the morning they were still gooey. I ended up at the grocery store at 6 this morning buying mini muffins and a small chocolate cake.

 
I’ll be posting again this Sunday for Super Sunday!



This week I’m going to blog about how I’m planning to prepare myself for SBAC and how I’ll help my students prepare.

 


Five for the 5 runs I’ve gone on this week! Yea!




I definitely got into a slump with the cold weather. Instead of staying an extra hour after school working as a I normally do, I left about 20-30 minutes after to take maximum advantage of the sunniest part of the day!

The odd thing is, instead of slumping in the afternoon and at night like I normally do, I totally got a second wind after my run. I was also more clearheaded during the day with my students and what I had to get done.

Super grateful for carving out this totally selfish me time!

Happy Friday:)


Follow by Email

Back to Top