Five For Friday...


Five for Fridayyyy!!!


 Five for Friday!

 Freebie Friday


Linking up to Five for Friday and Freebie Friday (see Number 2)!



I finally cleaned the top of my math desk! Woohoo!




Now I just need to tackle the drawers inside….dun dun dun.




 Get my TPT Freebie here!


I finally finished my Variables packet! It’s available here at my TPT store as a freebie and includes 8 worksheets that correlate to 6th CCSS Standard 6.EE.1-8. It also includes answer keys for each worksheet. Honestly, the answer keys were the reason it took so long to make!

I used all of these worksheets with my sixth graders so they are student tested and I already made adjustments to them based on student feedback and experiences. If you buy this product and see any errors please let me know!


Good News: I had a demo lesson yesterday! I taught a lesson on alliteration to a second grade class.
It was interesting to say in the least! I really enjoyed it (a lot) and can I just say that there are a lot of commonalities between 8th graders and 2nd graders? I swear it’s true!(they get the same look on their face when you either pronounce their name wrong or call them the wrong name; they also sometimes don’t know when a joke is played out). It’s like I could see the student’s future selves when talking to them! Crazzzy!  But on the other side of the coin I also realized they’re not like middle schoolers in a lot of ways too (more sensitive, a little bit sweeter, more excited, easier to get them to participate). Not to  say I don’t love my middle schoolers because I do! I love their sense of humor, how they totally get adult sarcasm and jokes, their maturity and that wonder when you can see how life is opening up in front of their eyes and they go from ‘me, my family, my friends’ view to an awareness of a  larger community and world.

I bought an iPhone! Eep! I have been thinking about getting one for a while (read: I’ve been researching it for about 2 years now!) and I finally just took the plunge and bought one! It should be coming on Saturday. Excited but also kind of nervous….I like my fuddy duddy touch phone that kids say “Wow that’s really small!”or “Wow. Your phone is old!”about.

From this:


To this:




It’s a sad but exciting moment. 



And only 2 more weeks and 6 more days (not including today) of SBAC testing! Then I am back to my normal schedule and no longer be proctoring in the computer lab each week. I am soooo excited that this number is getting smaller...and smaller…and smaller! I do still get to work with my students here and there, but it’s not the same and there isn't the same continuity as with my normal schedule. 

Happy Friday!






P.S. Bonus update on my blog redesigning: Barb has shown me some of the preliminary designs and I am sooo excited! I also have to give a shout-out to her patience! Between the demo lesson, testing and Internet Explorer not working with my email, I haven't exactly (err...) been super fast replying but she has been so patient and supportive! Check her out at Ruby Slippers Blog Design!


Follow by Email

Back to Top