Meet the Teacher Blogger!


I am very excited to be joining the "Meet The Teacher Blogger" linky sponsored by Stephanie at Falling Into First!

I’m Katie and people call me … Katie. J I am a first year teacher teaching technology to kiddos in grades K-2  and have been blogging for about four years now, but only for about six months at this specific blog.
The last two years I worked at a middle school and I will miss my middle schoolers SO MUCH (especially some of the 8th graders who I’ve known since they were in 5th grade)! But I’m also very excited to be starting this new adventure with younger munchkins.

I am a born and raised Connecticutian and I could not imagine living anywhere else! I love really experiencing all four seasons and being close to the beach but still feeling like I live in a jungle/winter wonderland.






 THESE ARE A FEW OF MY FAVORITE THINGS...
Soy ice cream. My family. [Wait. This isn’t in order of importance. Soy ice cream doesn't trump family. Just clarifying that.].  Clothes! [I have clothing issues. I may have mentioned that before.] Foooodddd [I Love Love Love eating.] Running [So I can eat a lot]. Children. Teaching. [Again, this list is NOT in order of importance!]

 IF YOU WEREN'T A TEACHER, WHAT WOULD YOU WANT TO BE?
A personal shopper. Completely. I would love to go into peoples closet’s and take a catalog of what they own, then go shopping for them. Preferably online. I love finding steals, sales, discounts. There is nothing more satisfying to me than after looking at five sites finally finding the PERFECT __________ [coat, skirt, sweater] that I was looking for my whole life [okay, fine, maybe just for a couple years] then adding it to my bag, waiting for a sale or a discount [oh my, or both!] and buying it. It’s totally distracting and wonderful. The reason why I would love to be a personal shopper for other people is because I already honed the skills, but this way it wouldn't be my money [I’d actually GET paid money…for shopping. Imagine that], I wouldn’t have shoppers guilt, and I wouldn't have to worry about where in the world I was going to store the clothes. Total win-win.

THREE LITTLE WORDS THAT DESCRIBE YOU.
Energetic. Creative. Hard working.

FINISH THE SENTENCE, "________,  SAID NO TEACHER EVER!!"
"I have way too much time on myhands...said no teacher EVER!!"


Q: IT'S YOUR BIRTHDAY AND YOU CAN INVITE ANYONE {DEAD OR ALIVE} TO THE PARTY. WHO ARE YOU INVITING?
 Definitely Taylor Swift and Karlie Kloss (Model). [And they are already friends – whoa!- this is practically realistic]. Kara Goucher (Elite Runner). Sarah Dessen (Writer). And Jesus. And my family. Because that way they could be a part of the awesomeness.  Is it bad that I also think it wouold fun to have someone from a long time ago like George Washington or Julius Caesar so I could pick their brain about what life was REALLY like a long time ago?

Q: IF SOMEONE WROTE A BOOK ABOUT YOUR LIFE, WHAT WOULD BE THE TITLE?
Oh my. I’m not sure. Running for Clothes. Kidding. :) 


 Q:YOU GET TO PICK ONE SUPERPOWER. WHAT IS IT?
 Running REALLY fast! Imagine – I could go and win Olympic marathons and track events with ease, and then go shop. I’d obviously have to control just enough so I win but it’s not like I’m winning by a crazy  amount.

Q: WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE QUOTE OR SAYING?
“Opportunity is often missed because it is dressed in overalls and looks like hard work” –Thomas Edison. [Thank you junior year American Lit.] I also just realized why I love this quote so much – its inspiring…but it also mentions clothes! Gosh, I’m even more obsessed than I think.


Q: IF YOU HAD TO SING ONE SONG ON AMERICAN IDOL, WHAT WOULD IT BE?

“Pool Mashup – Just the Way You Are/Just a Dream” from Pitch Perfect. And I’d somehow be able to do evey girls part at the same time and it would be aca-awesome.

 Q: ARE YOU A MORNING PERSON OR A NIGHT OWL?
Night owl! You get to choose when you wake up and when you go to bed. With being a morning person, you have to decide to go to bed early in order to be in the slightest mood to wake up early. I know that makes no sense, but to a night owl, it makes perfect sense. I have some of my most productive hours at night. I’m afraid it’s a remnent from college. It would nice though to not have that mid-day slump followed by a burst of energy once its 9 at night.


Q: WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE RESOURCE THAT YOU'VE CREATED IN YOUR TPT SHOP?
My Book Quotes – it’s very organic as its something I started when I was writing down quotes I loved from different books. Then I created a display for my classroom and decided since I already made it I would share it on TPT as a freebie.


Q: SHARE SOMETHING WE MIGHT NOT KNOW ABOUT YOU!

Hm. I am very silly. Actually you might have already figured this out. But I love adventures and laughing and just enjoying life. Siezing the moment. Living with your heart. 


Follow by Email

Back to Top