Five For Friday: only 3 more weeks!





We have started a garden in the middle of our library!  Despite having a little bit of a flood one day, look at how much it has grown! And we moved Clifford so he now lives in the lobby.





#RapOnSummerSlide! Our district librarians started an initiative to encourage reading over the summer and slow down the summer slide. Use this hash tag on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram...along with a picture or video of you reading and/or rapping! 

This week my students were creating presentations about Internet safety based on their research from the week before. They had the option of presenting using iMovie, Storybird, A Web Whiteboard (using it to create a digital poster essentially) or an actual poster.  I love all the different presentations that they created and how independent they have become.

Today was Field Day! I was in charge of the chalk station and loved it! I bought the chalk on Amazon (48 pieces for $5!) and bought six sand castle buckets for $1 each from the dollar store, one for each color (yes, I like to be super organized!). Then I created these  labels to attach to each of the buckets!

 I've always dreamed of having a chalk station during Field Day and as much as I love technology and teaching with it, it was nice to just have a day where I could just enjoy the students company! I ran out of chalk before the third group of students came which meant a quick run to the store to buy more.




I recently found an awesome Summer  Calendar on TPT by Rowdy in Room 30  I will definitely be using it to organize myself this summer. My three big projects are:
1) Training for my fall marathon 
2) Taking a class on Differentiation through Harvard Graduate School of Education Professional Development Program - more on this next week!
3) Organizing all my lessons from this year so I am ready to roll come late August.   

Follow by Email

Back to Top