Currently JUNE!!




Listening: The rain...wait actually I can't hear the rain anymore because I'm blasting a hair dryer next to my ear. But I was listening to the rain! It hasn't rained in about a month so it's refreshing. 

Loving: That there are only 15 days till summer. Don't get me wrong! I have LOVED this year and I love my students but summer is just so...summer, you know?

Thinking: Oh my gosh! Only 15 more days! So many things to do! The first week of any month I always think of as my "meeting" week because I have meetings almost everyday, sometimes twice a day! And then all I want to do is sleep come Friday.

Wanting: Not much. I am pretty happy. I just read an article in the NY Times which wrote "I expected most contributors would follow the commencement-speech clichés of our high-achieving culture: dream big; set ambitious goals; try to change the world. In fact, a surprising number of people found their purpose by going the other way, by pursuing the small, happy life." 

Needing: Is it possible to not want anything, but still need things? I've decided yes because I needed my new running sneakers to come! [And they came today after I came home from work!! Yea!!]

Summer Lovin':
Sleep. NO ALARMS!! I left my alarm on my phone on one morning and I was running and it went off and I FREAKED out! Even though I was already awake by 5:30, I have such negative emotions connected to the sound of my alarm, I had a panic attack. 
Reading. I can never just relax and enjoy a book now without listing a whole bunch of other stuff I should be doing. AND I have Sarah Dessen's new book plus the latest Penderwick's book waiting for June 20th. I'm saving them until I'm officially on break so I truly enjoy them. 
Running: Right now I'm running about 40 miles a week which is HUGE for me! I'm looking forward to the summer when I can go running in the morning then NOT MOVE, and not have to crouch, and sit criss-cross, and lunge, and twist in odd positions and too small chairs ALL DAY LONG! I feel as teachers sometimes we don't realize how physical our jobs are until we take a break then go back. You know what I'm talking about. That first day after a break where you're EXHAUSTED at the end of the day? Super excited to be putting that energy into running.  


Follow by Email

Back to Top