Farley Currently: Welcome 2016!



Listening:
To a presentation my friend is giving as part of a job interview! She had emailed it to me earlier to listen to and I finally sat down with it. It was fascinating hearing how pitching yourself in different fields is the so similar but also so different! 

Loving:
Free time! So nice just to kick back and relax with absolutely no deadlines or pressure or to do lists.

Thinking:





Holy guacamole! I did it! I PRed at my 5K this morning, with a time of 21:47, a PR of 1 minute and 34 seconds seconds.I was aiming towards sub 23 but knew I had some speed in my legs so I'm super excited that I was able to race at a 7:01 pace! Running in the 21 range is a dream for me so it hasn't really sunk in yet. The race itself before and after was a lot of fun too! I ran with my sister and there were coworkers, runner friends, middle schoolers that I coached in the fall and even some of my little students! Let me tell you - seeing a 7 year old wearing a bib is inspiring! It was one of those moments when all your mini worlds comes together and you realize how very rich your life is. 

And this is my face after they gave me a t-shirt for placing...wait! Where's my medal?? Oh well!


Wanting:
To try a "capsule clothing collection" for January. The last six months or so I kept reading about how people simplified their closets and wore the same 37 pieces of clothing for each season.  A great article on capsule collections is here

I wanted to try this for a while but I'm not sure I could commit to just 37 pieces for three months! What about the different holidays?? 

I'm going to test the waters for January and here are my 37 pieces organized in my StyleBook app. It took me a couple tries to settle on these final 37 (at first I had two pairs of gray leggings, two black dresses, two mint shirts...a bit redundant!). 


I stuck mainly to blues and grays, whites and blacks, with a couple of pops of color (light pink sweater, orange skirt, red cardigan) that way everything goes together.

A couple caveats are:

1. Notice the lack of running clothes? I'm just doing this for work clothes to start! I go through way too many running things to possibly include them in the capsule.

2. No scarves either. You'll notice a lot of neutral colored tees and sweaters: my scarves are open season, meaning they're not in my collection but I can still wear them.

3. Same thing with my tank tops. I wear tanks for layering so I'm work appropriate and decided to also keep that option open. It's also an easy way to add color throughout the month.

4. No jewelry either! Since I'm not a huge jewelry person I decided not to include it. I only own about 20 pieces of jewelry anyways and rarely wear more than 1 or 2 pieces a month. 

So yes, I cheated on the capsule collection A LOT but I like to have wiggle room because it makes committing to just 37 pieces (even just for a month!) less scary. I'll update you along the way and let you know if I decide to do it again in February. 

Needing:
To maybe do something productive. Since I only have three days left of vacation (sob) and only a vague idea of next weeks lessons.

One little word:
Content...I feel super content right now sitting here typing this and I want to continue that. Not nitpicking things (like why I didn't get a medal...) but just appreciating the awesomeness of life!


Follow by Email

Back to Top