Liebster Award 2016

I was nominated for the Liebster Award!


Thank you to Mrs. Thomas' Teachable Moments for nominating me! Mindy is a 4th grade teacher from Texas who is funny and has GREAT teaching ideas! Definitely check her out!

My favorite blog is Schroeder Shenanigans in 2nd! She was one of blogs that inspired me as I started taking this TPT journey more seriously in February. She is the Queen of Organization and has great classroom decorating ideas. She shares a peek into her brain every Tuesday night on the iTeachTVNetwork on Periscope.


1. I ran my first race at age 11. It was a 1 mile race in middle school that was a fundraiser. Here I am after my 8th grade race. Oh my! #middleschoolisawkward

2. I love to sing, but almost NEVER sing in public unless it's in a group.
 [See this major throwback photo of me singing in my high school Praise Choir!].

3. I have a slight obsession with podcasts. They are perfect for entertaining me when I have to get work done. Running on Om and Real Talk with Nicole Antoinette are two of my favorites and Online Marketing Made Easy with Amy Porterfield is a great one for entrepreneurs.

4. I run commute to work. I only live about a mile away from where I work and I LOVE it. I leave my house so sleepy and grouchy and at the end of the run, I am energized and ready for the day. It's also super empowering relying on yourself to get to your destination.

5. I am super close to my family. Nothing grounds me and makes me feel happier then spending time with them.

6. I always thought I would become a 5th grade teacher but I am a K-2 tech teacher. I am someone who loves variety and change so this position is actually a really good fit for me. It gives me a lot of space to be creative and provides variety in my teaching content.

7. I have run 3 marathons, 2 half marathons, one trail race, about 7 5Ks and 5 1-mile races. I love running and want to run the rest of my life.

8. I am someone who hated cross training or any type of "workout" or yoga. But running and my goal to run my whole life forced me to embrace weights, yoga and strength training workouts. I actually love it and it helps give me another dimension to my exercise routine so it's not just running. I told you I love variety!

9. I have been a vegan since I was 6 years old. I love it and genuinely don't miss out on food. The hardest part is honestly the social piece where people expect me to eat food or question me [Yes! I get my fill of protein! ;)]. I've gotten better though as I got older to accept who I am and it really isn't as big on an "issue" as I perceived it when I was younger.

10. I have had a hard time thinking about myself as an "entrepreneur" but over the past couple months I have embraced it. I feel like being an entrepreneur is almost a mindset and less about the specific work you are creating. 

1. How long have you been blogging and why do you do it?
I have been blogging since 2011...Five years! I do it because I love sharing what's happening in my classroom and I love the opportunity it gives me to reflect on my days and weeks as a teacher - almost create a snapshot that I can look back on. I feel like the time as a teacher flies so fast and if I didn't have this blog, I would forget a lot. 
2. What is the first thing people notice about you?
I'm tall (5'10") and I have long blonde hair.
3. Who is your favorite author?
Barbara Park for children's books - I cried when I heard she had passed. I'm a huge secret YA book lover and I love Sarah Dessen. I've slowly gotten into adult novels and I love Sophie Kinsella. Most of her books take place in England and they never fail to make me laugh.
4. How would your friends describe you?
Funny. Quiet. Hard working. 
5. What is the funniest thing that has happened to you in the classroom?
Oh my gosh. Maybe when I was singing MmmBop to a grouchy 8th grader? Or when a student asked the superintendent if we were married...say what???
6. What brought you to teaching?
My mom always emphasized the importance of education and how school was important. 
I also had some really great teachers from elementary school to high school to college who made their passion for teaching seem fun.
7. What makes you happiest?
Sitting in my backyard on a sunny summer day (after have run in the morning) reading a good book surrounded by family. 
8. What are you most grateful for?
How many opportunities I've had in life that I take for granted - and when I reflect on it, it blows my mind.
9. Name something in your teacher bag you can't live without.
My planner. Hands down! It's an extension of my brain.
10. Who is your celebrity crush?
Cory Monteith. I cried when he died. I never cry when celebrities die (sorry to be callous but we don't really know them and I think our emotional attachment to them is kinda weird) but I did when he died.
Other than Cory - Ashton Eaton, Ryan Hall, Nick Symmonds...elite runners who may or may not be married. ;)
11. What is your special talent?
I don't think of myself as inherently talented...I work hard at things but I feel like I don't have "natural talents". If I had choose one, I'd say singing by myself when I don't think anyone is listening. ;) 
  1. What is your favorite meal?
  2. If you could have an alternate life, what career would you have?
  3. Would you rather run a marathon (26.2 miles) or pet a tarantula? 
  4. If you could wake up and have one thing be true, what would it be?
  5. What is the highlight of your week?
  6. What is your favorite grade to teach? 
  7. Whose celebrity closet do you want?
  8. If you could spend a week anywhere, no costs, where would it be?
  9. What is your favorite or funniest childhood school related memory?
  10. What are you obsessed with right now? 
  11. Where do you picture yourself in 30 years? 

If you are nominated, copy and paste the following into your own blog post and follow the directions!
If you have been nominated for The Liebster Award AND YOU CHOOSE TO ACCEPT IT, write a blog post about the Liebster award in which you:
  1. Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog. Try to include a little promotion for the person who nominated you. They will thank you for it and those who you nominate will also help you out as well.
  1. Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.) 
  1. For the 2016 Liebster Award, write a 150-300 word post about your favourite blog that is not your own. Explain why you like the blog, provide links.
  1. Provide 10 random facts about yourself. (This year I’m making this optional. If you wish to engage with your readers it’s a great idea to include random facts about you.)
  1. Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 200 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!)
  1. List these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here.) Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
  1. Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post or mine if you don’t have all the information so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!)

Don’t forget to create 11 questions for them to answer. Notify your nominees and provide a link to your post so that they’ll know what to do. Once you’re done, come back here and comment with the link to your post so I can check out your answers.
Thanks for reading!

Follow by Email

Back to Top