May Currently


Listening: I LOVE silence. It's underrated. 

Loving: Yesterday was my brother's birthday. His birthday always marks the beginning of what I think of as "true spring" where it's actually consistently warm out and summer is right around the corner. Then of course today it's raining, hailing and 42 degrees out today!

Thinking: I am not a handy person but I put together a bookshelf yesterday by myself! So proud! #itsthelittlethings

Wanting: I will miss the Currently link up A LOT! It sounds silly but Farley's link up was one of the first link ups that I consistently linked up to. I remember first reading about the Rule of 3 and thinking it was kind of silly {Sorry Farley...just being honest!} but then because I'm a rule follower and I was scared of being removed from the linky list, I did it and LOVED it. Her Rule of 3 helped me discover new blogs and now whenever I join a link up, I automatically follow the Rule of 3. Thank you for teaching me blogging etiquette! I will miss linking up each month and will miss reading other teachers posts. THANK YOU FARLEY!! :,(

Needing:  To find my planner for next year. I like to have my planner purchased before the school year ends. I love my EC notebook but I'm not sure about the Life Planner mainly because of the physical size. I like my current purchased-from-CVS-planner because it's smaller and pretty compact - easy to put in my bag and carry with me to meetings. Anyone have any recommendations?

Truth: Let's be honest. TpT is a hobby for me. So I often need to remind myself when my teaching to-do list is rivaling with my TpT to do list, that my teaching to do list is more important. I can take my time with the TpT to do list because it is less urgent. BUT sometimes when I am in a funk and have a lot of teaching related work, when I go on IG and FB, instead of getting a mental break, I just feel inadequate because all these SUPER, AWESOME teachers are clearly doing both. 
Then I remind myself of the Shonda Rhimes commencement speech where she said in reply to the question "How do you do it all?": 
"I don't. … If I am at home sewing my kids' Halloween costumes, I'm probably blowing off a rewrite I was supposed to turn in. If I am accepting a prestigious award, I am missing my baby's first swim lesson. If I am at my daughter's debut in her school musical, I am missing Sandra Oh's last scene ever being filmed at Grey's Anatomy. If I am succeeding at one, I am inevitably failing at the other. That is the trade-off." 
This helps put things into perspective and reminds me that I am on a journey that is uniquely mine. The first step to sabotaging that journey is to begin comparing myself to other Teacher-TpTers! In these moments, I just get off of IG and FB and focus on being productive with my own to do lists instead of envying other peoples completed work.

Happy May!!!! Currently, I will miss you!

Follow by Email

Back to Top