My Focus for 2017



I've believed for a long time that the key to a happy life is balance. Not letting one thing outweigh others. Making sure to make time for all the things that make you happy, because if you spend your time on only one or two things you love, you'll end up despising them. 

Now, it's SUPER easy for me to say that, but it's actually really HARD for me to do that. I tend to follow whims of passion and moments of inspiration until I look up and realize hours have passed without me focusing on anything else. Then I don't work on that thing for a week, two weeks, a month. Because I've wrung out every idea and ounce of creativity related to it in that inspired session. 

Now that's not necessarily a bad thing. It can actually save a lot of time, instead of spending little bits of time everyday, getting it all done at once can feel great. And I firmly believe that you should take advantage of inspiration because inspiration can turn a chore into a very fulfilling experience. 

However, that said, this tunnel vision of productivity can lead to not having time or energy for other things. Things that NEED to be focused on little bit by little bit EVERY day. Things like running. Things like relationships with family and friends. Even things like TPT or this blog. 

I'm going to build a more consistent blog reader by blogging a little bit, more consistently instead of sitting down and spending twelve hours on my blog then not touching it for two months {NOT saying this happened to me recently or anything!}. 

So my goal for 2017, in teaching, in running, in my relationships, in this blog, is balance. Anytime I start to feel a little burnt out by one area or I am feeling uninspired, step back and do something else. Chance are I've been spending WAY too much time in that one area and I've lost my focus and my inspiration. 


P.S.As a special THANK YOU to my blog readers, I whipped up this New Years Pennant Freebie
I can't wait to hang this pennant in my classroom to greet students on their first day back from break and I can't wait to see how other people use it in theirs! Grab it here!

Follow by Email

Back to Top