End of the Year Ramble

Hey there! Well, it's been a longgg time since I've blogged. I almost did a Five for Friday post last Friday but then I remembered how much energy blogging takes....so I quit. I know! I mean I just talked to my students last week about the importance of not quitting! But it was a Saturday morning and I didn't think I had all the pictures ready, so I stopped. Instead I worked on some TPT products. So I didn't really quit per se. I like to think I just reallocated my time and energy where I would be more efficient and productive.

So I'm writing this post instead. It's rambling. It has no theme. It will probably have very few pictures (am I the only one who can never remember to take pictures at the end of the year??). It's almost May. I have 34 days until summer. This year has been a rollercoaster to say the least! Hired 5 days before school started, learning a lot on the spot, handling A LOT of big feelings (my own and the students ;)), working 12 hour days pretty much everyday since August 25th. But it's weird. Now that it's almost done, I'm gonna miss it. Maybe I have Stockholm Syndrome? ;) 

Luckily right now it looks like I'll be in the same grade and classroom next year, but our budget and the state budget are a bit up in the air so I have fingers crossed and prayers raised!! 

Here are some things I'm excited about for the end of the year:

Life Planner. I joined the pre perks (not the official name - my Sunday brain can't remember the name) group with Erin Condren. So I can place my order TOMORROW! I really am loving the new colorful design this year. I know sometimes people buy a Life Planner and don't end up using it, but I USED mine. Despite being pretty tech, I need a paper and pencil planner. That thing was my bible this year. If I don't write it in my planner, it's not happening! Every morning I'd check it to preview my day ahead. I'm tempted to get a Teacher Planner but for lesson planning, I really am a digital girl. I have a template I print and add to my lesson planning binder. That way when things change I don't have to rewrite it all {for some reason, rewriting is a huge pet peeve of mine...I like to be efficient}. Having digital plans allows me to easily retype or copy and paste things.

See this post for more information on my spring classroom management strategies {yes, TWO posts in ONE weekend}.

We planted seeds on Earth Day and I've loved watching them grow with my students - so fun! Ironically, as as kid, I wasn't big into gardening. My family was though and I grew up with flower gardens galore as well as a large vegetable garden. I always found it to be a ton of work and everything took so long to grow and you got dirt everywhere! And you were destined that once your hands got dirty, you got some hair in your mouth! But now I love gardening. I love digging in the dirt, the magic of planting the seeds and watching them sprout, watering them and rooting for them to grow stronger and stronger until they bear fruit {or vegetables}. Now translating that excitement to my students is amazing. We planted beans and flowers and we are keeping track of the changes in a chart on the board. 

Organizing! 
See this post about how I've been organizing my classroom. {I know...THREE posts after ZERO posts? And I didn't even drink any caffeine!}

And that's all I have right now!

Happy Sunday everyone! Hope you enjoyed this ramble ;). 


Follow by Email

Back to Top